Replacing SSL certificate on Presentations2Go server using SAML or ADFS authentication
When you need to replace an expired SSL certificate on a Presentations2Go server, you need to take some special precautions when your server uses SAML or ADFS authentication.
- Replace the certificate in IIS
- Change the private key permissions to allow access for network service account
- Start the management console (mmc) and add the certificates Snapin.
- File/Add-Remove Snapin/Certificates/Computer Account/Local Computer/
- Navigate to /Personal/Certificates; choose the certificate and right click to select All Tasks/Manage Private keys and add Network Service
- Search for the subject in the new ssl certificate and if that’s different than the previous subject, update it in the web.config file in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\p2g
- <SigningCertificate findValue="CN=*.presentations2go.eu, OU=Domain Control Validated, O=*.presentations2go.eu" storeLocation="LocalMachine" storeName="My" x509FindType="FindBySubjectDistinguishedName" />
- The find value should contain 1 space character between the comma and next value. See green highlights above