On the Presentations 2Go Open Video Server you need to make some preparations for receiving recorder content. Therefore you need to setup a share or FTP folder with full access for the network service account (inherited)
Shared root folder
- Sign in the the OVS desktop
- Setup a root folder for sharing, e.g. D:\share
- Give Network Service account full control to d:\share and all sub-folders (inherited)
If you use CIFS protocol to upload content from the recorders you need to setup a folder per recorder in the shared root folder.
In this root folder you create a folder per recorder. E.g.
CIFS Recorder accounts
In the recorder you need to enter a service account with full access to the dedicated folder recorder.
- Create the account(s) and write down the domain\username and password
- Give the recorder full access to the dedicated recorder
- Make sure Network Service has also full control in this folder
In some cases you need or want to use FTP to receive the content from the recorders. Since OVS needs to use the Network Service account to process the content, you need to setup a FTP service on the OVS server.
Like for the CIFS configuration, you need to create account(s) and assign a home directory per recorder in the shared root folder.