You can define multiple personal or group containers for users to upload assets (video, richmedia or audio).
Add Group container
Click + New Folder to create a new container. Set a unique folder name and select your folder type:
Group Container; multiple users or groups can add, edit or delete assets in this folder. E.g. a department share or course share.
The default quota from the general settings can be overruled and a notification to your account can be set.
When workflow rules are set, you can select a rule to apply on this folder. Click Run Workflow to run the workflow immediately.
Use the Add or remove buttons to add users or groups to your new folder. As soon as you start typing suggestions will be made.
Now you need to set access permissions.
- Full access; user or group can view, upload, modify and delete assets in this container
- Modify; user or group can view assets and change metadata of all items in this container
- Read; user of group can view all items in this container
Commit your setting with OK.
Add Personal container
Personal Folders; Users or group members get the ability to upload and maintain assets in a personal folder within this container.
Setting up a personal container is slightly different from a group container. Subfolders based on the username (see 0) are automatically created as soon as the user signs in. The folder owner has automatically full access.
- Check Personal folder for groups and users to create automatically a user folder.
You can multiple Personal containers for different groups (e.g. Staff; Students; Faculty 1; Faculty 2). But also assign the same group or users to multiple personal containers.
- Private; a personal folder for all users (add group authenticated users, with Personal folder checked).
- Portfolio; a personal folder for each student (Add group students with Personal folder checked), where all teachers can view all assets (Add group Teachers with only Read checked). Optionally the supervisor can change metadata (add group Supervisors with Modify checked).
The personal container will have a default total storage quota, but also a default user quota. The user upload will be bound by various quota rules
- Maximum upload file size
- Quota left in personal folder
- Quota left is personal folder container (all users in this container)
- Quota left on the Presentations2Go Catalogue (all upload folders and recoding folders together)
- Disk space
Workflow rules set on a Personal folder container will also affect all individual user folders inside this container.
NOTE: The permissions Full Access, Modify and Read are used to give groups/users access to all assets in all personal folders in this specific container. Use carefully.