Depending on the recorder capabilities the content will be
- Recorded on the recorder disk and publish via CIFS or FTP to a folder on the Presentations 2Go Open Video Server (PREFERRED)
- Recorded directly on a shared folder (CIFS) on the Presentations 2Go Open Video Server
After the content is stored on the OVS server the following work-flow will start:
- The recording is copied by the recording service into a OVS content container.
- The recording is added to the transcoding queue
- The transcoding service converts the video into a multi bit-rate / multi resolution streaming format
- Meta-data and access permissions are set
- The recording becomes available in the OVS catalog.
Recorders with RTMP streaming capabilities can be setup to live stream to a Presentations 2Go RTMP bridge. The bridge will convert and forward the stream into DASH/HLS capable format on the Open Video Server.